Monday, April 20, 2015

For mystery and innocence



Image courtesy: Varun Iyer 2014


Nature is a wonderful space. It is expansive, ever extending, and inviting everyone. Studies have reported that spending time in nature gives people a cognitive advantage. Nature is filled with splendid things in every nook and corner.


Natural world is also filled with fantastic mysteries. These could be deep philosophical questions that drive each one of us to ask the purpose of life, or may be to navigate a current situation without hurting anyone in the process. If we turn around and look around, we will see millions of creatures, living in harmony. That to me has always been a mystery. Today, we say #diversebooks #diversity, but diversity has always been the slogan for #stability in nature. It is just the way of life.


Immersing oneself in nature and interacting more with the natural world in the thoughts also provides a deep kind of innocence. Many people who spend long time in nature are so humble, so ready for expansion and open to examination of an idea.

As I reflect on my human interactions, I realize that it has sucked away a lot more in terms of time and resources, often without replenishing me. This is so totally opposite with all my interactions in the natural world. Every minute that I was out in the open, with the sky above my head and feet on ground has always given me hope, given me opportunities to be honest, truthful and expand in a deeply personal manner that it left me inspired and replenished. To this day, I carry some effervesce of the fulfilling interactions.

This Earth Day, I pledge to reclaim my time and space by increasing the frequency and intensity of natural interactions. I want to spend more time with nature, to rediscover the mystery and innocence of life in the voiceless vibrations that will expand and fine tune my mind out of impossibilities and poverty gathered by human interactions. The minimum I can do, with gratitude, for the wonderful space that Earth has provided me is to interact respectfully and positively with her.

How do you plan to recapture the possibility and cause your expansion?

No comments:

Post a Comment