Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sunshine is for flowers!





Sunshine! Sunshine! Sunshine!

I love this time of the year. My home is warm. I want to spend all my time outdoors, tending to the plants that are celebrating life. The yard is teeming with life. The birds are singing all the time...

Sunshine magnifies and amplifies everything. Birds do call in winter. Evergreen plants are green in winter. What makes spring and summer so different is the abundance of flowers, birds, the bees, the butterflies. It is as if paradise has transplanted itself in my yard. Flowers are truly the gift of Earth to every creature on Earth. 

The sight of colorful flowers nodding their heads cheers me up every time I step out of my home or look out of the window. I pause in wonder and ask myself, "Is this truly my yard?" Flowers truly interrupt my habit of taking things for granted.

The other evening, I was tending the rose bushes and the scent of the flowers from the nearby bushes was so comforting. I touched the petals of different rose plants and noticed the tremendous variations and uniqueness in the thickness of petals, the size of flowers and the ferocity of thorns. So much of what I take for granted in my everyday interactions and life was laid out for me to complete and drop. And the flowers convey their message so gracefully. I felt no exhaustion or powerlessness at this new understanding.

If you have a minute, watch a flower. You will end up feeling a lot better.  Research shows that flowers are indeed mood boosters. They dance in their bliss and it is contagious. Flowers are good for every occasion.  If you are like me, you can close your eyes and think of many occasions when flowers were by your side. I am glad they continue to be on my side.

Tomorrow, I will post some pictures of the flowers in my garden. For today, I hope you will tolerate my experiment with a new online tool I am learning to use.

Please share your favorite flower memories.


2 comments:

  1. Look forward to the pictures of your garden flowers, Rani. I agree flowers do indeed help elevate not only our moods but also our consciousness in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you. When we are quiet and able to connect, everything in the world from the rock to flower seems to speak to us. There is consciousness infused in everything. I need to reflect on this more. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete