Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sharing the space





Picture courtesy: http://bit.ly/17WLodw


Perhaps you had a long day. And perhaps you moved around a lot. Phone calls across continents. 
Emails across time zones. 

Words....Thoughts...Deeds...

In modern days, human beings need lot of space. We need lot of people. We need lot of claps. We need so many things... 

I thought about this today, making phone calls across timezones, emails and text messages crossing continents... my footprint is indeed global. My heart longs for another culture and space. I constantly, instantly visit these places and live vicariously. My footprint goes around the globe multiple times daily.

Today, I saw some earthworms. They were out very early in the season. May be it was because we don't have any snow on the ground. It made me think about the multiplicity of my needs. Not all the things I do are necessary.

The unexpected sight made me stop and think how I am sharing the space with thousands of creatures...a caterpillar, a leaf, a bee, and innumerable fascinating things...million raindrops, burst of sunshine, specks of dust. Each has its own space. Little space or large. And they each are content being themselves, in their space and leaf and immersed in the awareness of their life. That is the state I wish to hold and share the space of emerging friendliness towards all creatures.

How do you share your space?

4 comments:

  1. Rani, you remind us that we need to consciously make time to slow down, observe and introspect. Much of how we share and communicate today is reflexive, not reflective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Chitra Raman! Thank you for reading and sharing your reflection. Reflexive living makes me sick... I am carving out moments of reflectivity. What a blessing!

      Delete
  2. As Chitra says in her comment, your words are a great reminder for us to look within and see how much we get swept away by the incessant need for more, more and more. Whatever the 'more' might be. The last paragraph of your post is so beautifully expressed. Thank you for sharing these lessons from nature. If only we all can learn to be such keen observers of Mother Nature and Her ways..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beloo Mehra! I love your observation of how reflexivity keeps asking for more..reflecting on what I have leads to gratitude. Such a shock and joy to experience the profound difference. It is also a blessing. Nature is the best teacher! Thank you so much for reading and responding.

      Delete